eto na talaga toh

Saturday, April 12, 2008

found a reason to breathe

every human being is unique; no one will ever be the same. Therefore every human being has different dreams and different place in this world and so if a single human being fails to achieve his dreams and what he thinks his calling is then it will be a 90% chance that no one will ever dream of his dream again, the dream that he once tried to achieve will be lost forever.
(the idea of dream from David Moore's essay; "Dream")

my dream is to be a doctor. not just any doctor but a great doctor who goes to depressed areas and provide health/medicine for those people who need it but cannot afford it.

if you ask me of how did i arrived in my so called dream then heres the reason:


august 7, 2005 i was still in high school and it was 2 days before my birthday, i had a dream; i was in africa or some place were there are thousands of native/black people and they were dying, crying and bleeding into despair. The sad thing was that I was just there watching them like i was just flying all over the sky and watching them from above. When I woke up it was already 6:30 in the morning and I was already late for school but at that time it didn't matter, the moment i opened my eyes the first thing i think of was "doctor. medicine." and so as I prepared myself to go to school, i was thinking whether it was a vision or a calling from God that i must pursue my dreams of becoming a doctor or it was just a simple dream. However I realized that what if it was a calling what if its something that i must do.

At the end of the day I made up my mind; I will be a doctor. Not just any other doctor but a great doctor who goes to depressed areas and provide health/medicine for those people who need it but cannot afford it. just like what i saw in my dreams....


and so time goes by and i was able to pass at UP manila with a premed course and up until now even though i'm still in the woods i'm still holding tightly to that dream.

I'm not saying that I am 100% sure that i will be a doctor but i know that at this very moment that becoming a doctor is what i dream and that dream is my main reason of why i am dying to pass all my subjects and finish this course. I must also say that I believe that God was the one who gave me those dreams and lead me to this path and so therefore if God directs me to a new path where medicine and becoming a doctor is not included, then I shall accept it with all my heart because I believe and I know His plans are better than mine.

but as of now; my reason to breathe, the reason of my existence is that i solely believe that i need to be a doctor in order to help those people who needs help.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home